Thursday, August 16, 2007

Updated psychic complaints



Check me out!


LOTS of news in my personal life, all good,
but, the most important thing is that I've
obtained a huge amount of research
material which has thrown me into
this whirlwind of chaos.

THE BOOK.

The book. The book. The book. It has come to define
me, and without a daily effort, I feel derelict. The
problem I'm having is that I need to spend at least
a month in Russia, walk down the ancient streets
of Nizhny Novgorod, St. Petersburg, and Moscow.
I need to take the Trans-Siberian train to the Urals,
and to the city formerly called Sverdlovsk. A city was
named for my mom's uncle. I need to breathe their
air, digest their food and culture, to see their faces
before I can describe their lives, even if what i'm
writing began over 100 years ago.

My blockage began when I came across formerly
classified documentation from the British Secret
Service, the MI6 of James Bond movies. Talk about
synchronicity, it still disturbs me that my grandfather,
hung out with Sidney Reilly, Ian Fleming and Aleister
Crowley nearly 100 years ago. In fact, it blows my mind,
since my last name is Bond. James Bond was a Philadelphia
ornithologist that Ian Fleming knew, and dug his name.
This took place in the 1950s, and my grandfather
Benny lived in Philly in the 1950s too.

It's just synchronicity, but, it has an emotional
jolt. I'm supposed to love and cherish this phenomenon
except when it appears in a form like Pandora's
Box. The more I learn about this, the deeper I
get into something that happened 50 to 60 years
before I was born. My grandfather was in his
late-40s, early 50s when my mom was born.
I never knew him, and to get to know him this
way is not the warm fuzzy bonding of normal
grandparent bonding.

Before my brain froze up, I was very close to
an epiphany involving my grandfather being part
of a scheme to kill Lenin. In August 1918,
Fanya Kaplin shot Lenin, but, he did not
die. My great-uncle fiercely avenged his
worshipful master's death by having Fanya
killed without much due process.

He said, "It's better to kill nine innocent men
than let one guilty man go free...."

So he wouldn't be a candidate for the ACLU,
but, here's what's so odd: He reacted to her
assassination attempt with fierce vengeance,
but, in declassified information, it's a fact
that MI6 sent Lockhart to Moscow to infiltrate
the Cheka, and kill Lenin, two weeks before
Fanya Kaplan's "unrelated" attempt. Both
attempts failed, but, only the Kaplan attempt
was punished. Lockhart was sent back to
London.

WHY the double-standard? This is the
question that's been hounding me.

Everyone knows Lenin, but, noone knows
my great-uncle, and the history books try
to play him down deliberately. He's blamed
for being in charge of the government when
the Tsar was ordered killed.. I think it
was Lenin, who cold-bloodedly demanded their
demise, and it is possible that my great-uncle was
then pulled into the British plan to kill Lenin
and Stalin, after their execution.

History records Sverdlov as being slavishly
devoted to Lenin. He's called his lapdog and
right hand. Lenin was the real leader, the voice
behind the curtain, and Sverdlov is portrayed
as a puppet proletariat president. After all,
he was relatively young, like a kid. Barely 30.

History reviles him, or satirizes him. He is
depicted as a very one-dimensional oaf in
Pasternak's opus, "Dr. Zhivago." Pasternak
used him, (Yakov aka "Yasha" Sverdlov)
and came out with the character Pasha Strilnikov.
It was my great-uncle who had his own grand
car on the rails. My grandfather was Minister
of transportation and the railway.

Pasternak portrayed him in a pitch dark
light. He refused to allow him to be humanized,
or give him dimension, courage, conviction,
affection for his kids, comrades, and brothers,
or distinguish him as one of the world's first true
feminists.

Like in the Biblical story of Joseph, who had a
tender love for his large family's youngest,
Benjamin, Yakov, who also came from a large
family, had a special love for his youngest brother,
"Benny." My grandfather named his first-born
son, Yakov. There was always deep love, yet,
there was this instance of ostensible betrayal,
when Benny was integral in a plot to infiltrate
the Soviet government and kill Lenin and
Stalin.

When my grandfather went to London with
Sidney Reilly, to sell arms, he was supposed to
be getting material support for the revolution,
fund-raising amongst the world's power elite.
Instead, he was recruited by MI6. With his help,
the great spy, R.B. Lockhart was dispatched to
Moscow, and permitted entry into the inner
sanctum of the Soviet Secret Police, the Cheka,
an organization that Sverdlov helped to create,
and is given credit for founding.

The Lockhart plan to assassinate Lenin
failed, and a few weeks later, Fanya Kaplan
tried to shoot Lenin, and also failed. She
was swiftly executed, but, Lockhart, who
was there because of my grandfather's
doing, was spared, and traded in a reciprocal
spy exchange with Britain. Nothing got
past Sverdlov. If he felt that killing 9 innocent
men was essential to keep 1 guilty man from
going free, then why did he allow Lockhart and
his brother go free? He had to know. He may
have been covertly planning Lenin and Stalin's
deaths. It may explain his own death at 33.
History calls it the flu, but, was it? We'll never
know.

The more I learn of Lenin, the less i like him.
While my great-uncle made a name for himself
from his youth, Lenin was an ideologue who
chanted the slogans of Marx and Engels, but,
seemed to lack the pure convictions of Sverdlov
and the others on the frontlines, risking their
lives. Yakov, was the quintessential proletariat,
living and breathing the revolution. Lenin was not
even present for the revolt, nor was his leadership
responsible for the success of the 1917 Revolution.
Yet, he grabbed the glory . He was not above taking
credit for the things my great-uncle accomplished,
and letting him take most of the blame for the
Romanov family's brutal death.

Here's my dilemna, and what's overwhelming
my mind... While some historians have postulated
that Sverdlov was trying to get safe passage for
the family, and get them to England, most
of the top-notch historians hate him. They
describe him as a purely evil mind, and a
mass-murderer, whose name is accursed to this day.

Yet, I believe I have a great argument.
My grandfather, along with his other brother
Zinovy, were working on diplomatic solutions to
the Tsar's exile. It is historical fact that they were
engaged by MI6.

There is no such thing as a coincidence when
it comes to matters of this magnitude. It's more
than a coincidence that in August 1918, shortly
after the day in July 1918 that Romanovs were
shepherded to the basement of the "House of
Special Purposes," and slaughtered, my grandfather
got his brother to allow the great British spy,
the template for James Bond, R.B. Lockhart to join the
ranks of the most sacred sanctum of the secret police
in the new Bolshevik kingdom.

How do I tell this story? I have written to the
great historians of our age, and sometimes
they give me a little bit of encouragement,
or throw me a little bone, with a scrap of
meat I can use... but, mostly, I am not able to
penetrate the archives, or the academic world
of scholars, who share more substantial
research with one another.

I'm having to pull strings to even get into
journal archives, reserved for graduate studies.

I don't want to be like Ethel and
Julius Rosenbum's granddaughter, trying
to perfume a pig or revise a sanitized story
of historical importance. I just want
to know the truth, and then to get this story
out.






No comments: