Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Sounds of Silence



Check me out!


Hello darkness, my old friend,
Ive come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence.

Fools said i, you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you.
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, the words of the prophets

Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls.
And whisperd in the sounds of silence.

I loved this song as a child... it was
beautifully enticing, concealing an
ominous and vague warning.
Never did I think the days would come
when silence would deafen my ears.

In the midst of night, I sit alone, watching
the moon, almost full, dance on water of the
canal below me. It is night when I feel like
the watchmen, watching the skies, searching
with my eyes for the light coming back to
Earth. It won't be long. I see it, and feel it
with everything inside me.

It is in this desolate hour when my prayers
are formed, and yet, hopelessness also looms.
I know God hears every word spoken, but, His
WILL must come to pass. None of my words will
change that. I feel rebuked when I pray for
the world. It is going to happen in the next
few years.

I long for relief from this world, for my heart
is grieved. I have no further expectations,
only dread for realizing what this world will
soon be facing. I can't rejoice when the suffering
is all around me.

I wish I could be a carefree person, again, but,
with Faith, comes wisdom. Through deep pain,
and connection to this terrible suffering, do
we barely begin to understand what lies ahead.

In the sweltering heat of summer, this year being
the hottest one yet, I dread nuclear winter.
It is coming. Nothing will stop the missiles
from springing from their underground holes
to seek targets far away.

All my life, I've had this dread, and now, I am
numb. While the News spends it's time rehabilitating
rich blonde heiresses, like they're released prisoners
of war, the plans are drawn, and it won't be long...

Oh Lord Jesus, the only consolation we have in this
blackness is your light. Only God can save us.
He will be here soon, and his kingdom is coming.

I can see the Cube, glistening in it's own light,
streets of gold and masions with walls of emeralds
and amethysts. The sound of music is distant, but,
getting closer.

How do we understand the dimensions that God
who is the Master of Time/Space and ALL LIFE,
encompasses? Who else sees the Cube glittering,
like a bride adorned with the royal jewels?

It is the only hope I have left. I have no more
interest in anything else but to worship God,
and serve Jesus Christ, my Savior.

I ache and feel sick for this lost generation at
the end of this dispensation of time. Having
the next 10,000 years, and beyond, to celebrate
true JOY in His presence is very exciting, though

Down here, all I can hear are the increasingly loud
sounds of silence as the truth is blotted out, as
people's hearts become selfish and cold, and as
the Antichrist takes up his unholy mantle to deceive
for the last 3 1/2 years x 2.

No comments: